Translate

Powered By Blogger

18.4.23

 i went into Breslov and there was a fellow who I explained my views about government faith and reason in short and so I thought to bring a bit of that here.

But the subject is complicated. It starts with saadia gaon. faith and reason were firmly established in his book  Faiths and Doctrines. and this balanced approach was universal during the Middle Ages. The Enlightenment broke this bond. You could be for faith or reason but not both. Then Kant came along and found a road that cuts reason off from reality. This I found to be unreasonable until I discovered the Kant Friesian school.

As for government, John Locke is the model for the American Constitution while Rousseau for the French. Hegel recoiled from the French and tried to find a different approach but also came out with a totalitarian kind of model. In the trajectory  of ideas Kant also is not far from the French either.   Rather it i the Friesian modification of Kant that I think is a valid development from John Locke as one can see in the Friesian school of Kelley Ross