Translate

Powered By Blogger

10.2.23

superiority attitude in the religious world

The Litvak Yeshiva world really was a great place for me for some period, but I did not have the appreciation for it and the straight path of the Gra as I should have had. Even so I find it important to show respect of it's tremendous value, even though I did not manage to stick with it. And I think that is an important lesson--that Rav Nahman pointed out: "Even if I can't be "איש כשר" kosher person, I should at least want my friend to be one." 

[However, there is a kind of  superiority attitude in the religious world. Gentiles are not considered human and baali teshuva [newly religious] are thought to be sub human. This attitude displays itself in subtle ways at first when they are love bombing teen agers with rich parents. Only later when they have no more use for you, does this attitude become apparent.