Translate

Powered By Blogger

4.10.16

I was thinking about the laws of the Torah and I mentioned before that I thought the, Tur Beit Yoseph was the best book written on Halacha --ever.
But it as noted by David Bronson that the Gra wrote his commentary on the Shulchan Aruch itself. In fact a lot of people saw something important in the Shulchan Aruch. Just take a look at the large Shulchan Aruch and see the amount of commentaries on the page.

I have to mention that when I as doing Tractate Ketuboth I had the Tur Beit Yoseph and Shulchan Aruch Even Ezra that I used as commentary on the Gemara and in that way I found the Tur, Beit Yoseph Shulchan Aruch to be very helpful. [Doing laws of Nida and Mikvah I did the Tur Beit  Yoseph alone and found this really clear].

But I just do not see this learning as being anything but secondary to learning Gemara. And neither did David Bronson.

My dream is a Navardok yeshiva. That is a yeshiva in every city in the world that learns Gemara and Musar and a half hour of halacha. To me that is the essential aspect of Torah. But I have difficulty expressing this dream because sadly places of Torah have mainly been infiltrated by the dark side.

Most teacher of Torah are frauds. it is hard to find truth. For some reason God guided my steps to two very good authentic Litvak yeshiva in NY, but as a rule yeshivas are not good at all. It is preferable to learn at home unless you really know local beit midrash is for Torah for its own sake--which is rare.

The places I can vouch for are most of the regular straight Litvak yeshivas in NY. In Israel there is Ponovitch and its official and un-official branches. I mean there are places that the rosh yeshiva learned at Ponovitch but it is not an official branch. Anything coming out of Ponovitch is authentic and good.
Girls obviously are not supposed to learn Torah but what I think is best is for girls to learn stuff that can help them hen they are married to be a help for their husbands to sit and learn Torah.

As a rule, Torah must not be used for making a living, but when someone is determined to learn Torah God helps with parnasha--making a living.[I am not thrilled with the kollel system, but if people in kollel are learning Torah for its own sake, and not considering kollel as  a way of making a living I suppose it might be OK.]

[Not that I am near learning Torah myself. It is just that once I tasted the sweetness of Torah, but have not been able to stay in it. I found the world of yeshivas to be more of obstacles than help. It is  whole long sad story. However without placing the blame on myself or on anyone else I just wanted to say tat i am very far from learning and or keeping Torah in any shape of form. Here I am only truing to describe the ideal way of going about it and also warning people about the problem of the penetration of the Sitra achra. I am not saying I have any excuse. Rather if I had not walked out of the authentic places I knew I would probably still be learning Torah