Translate

Powered By Blogger

20.3.23

reason and faith

Reason and faith, In the Middle Ages, "reason" meant Plato, Aristotle, Plotinus, and a few Muslim Philosophers. After the Renaissance, Reason  meant more than study of Aristotle. But what? Two approaches began. The Enlightenment  and the Anti Enlightenment [Gulliver's travels at Laputa],\

 So I have done a bit of sifting out what I think is not so great. In STEM fields I have no argument except my wish that pseudo sciences [like psychology] would be weeded out, In Philosophy, I go with Kant and in particular that school of thought of Leonard Nelson that is a sort of modification on Kant. [But I am not so dismissive  of Hegel.]

[ I am no expert, but I can point out that John Searle said about 20th century philosophy "It is obviously false"] [He was clearly referring to existentialism  and the Frankfurt neo Marxists, If one wishes to invest the time to go into this he or he might look at the lectures of James Lindsay]