Translate

Powered By Blogger

7.2.21

 I can see that Hegel wants to use the idea that opposites turn into each other to get to his idea of sublimation. The opposites subsumed in some higher idea of being until everything reaches the Absolute Idea. But to me it seems he is lacked the idea of "birur" sifting. That is separating what is good from what is evil.  [Maybe you might say that birur is implicit in what he means, but to me it does not seem that way. And the lack I think of this idea  means that lots of dumb ideas could be hung on Hegel and there does not seem to be any kind of "birur process".

On the other hand, he is a post Kant person that seems to me to take account of Kant, but avoids much of the mind is needed for matter that seems a bit too much embedded in "Idealism". He might be going with mind but his mind is "Logos", not the human minds of Kant. Or even animal minds. There was plenty of matter before there were minds.