Translate

Powered By Blogger

2.5.21

I found home work frustrating when I was in high school. I could not get home until after 600 PM each evening. And by that time I was pretty much tired out from the whole day. [I had two choices: I could walk home or wait for my dad to pick me up after his work at TRW. [Those are the people making satellites.] The result was always  that I was too tired to do much homework.] So when I got to Shar Yashuv in NY and the Mir I was thrilled because of learning what has great value [Gemara]. And the atmosphere in a Litvak yeshiva tends to be highly conducive towards study.  I was a fish in water. 

[I ought to mention that the rosh yeshiva Rav Freifeld did ask me to also go to Brooklyn College, but I felt I could not divide my attention at that point.]

If I could today somehow manage to combine learning Gemara and also Physics and Math I would do so.